« Home | Wired News: Feel Free to Jack Into My IPod » | Ramblings on great computers » | GSM/GPRS and CDMA PLUS Wi-Fi » | Intellivision Direct to TV » | Longhorn Review » | GRCSucks dot com | Debunking Steve Gibson » | Monkeys’ brains move robotic arms » | Napster™ » | Building a Balancing Scooter » | Student May Wear T-Shirt of 'International Terrori... »

The Rise of Fluff

No not fluffers. JoeUser.com has a commentary about how IT industry magazines have gotten lame. At first I thought it was really cool that InfoWorld switched to a normal magazine size, 'cause it would fit on my shelf better. But they changed everthing else too! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The latest issue seems to have less fluff, but still not as much technical info as before. I also miss Brian Livingston's column. It's still a good mag for reading about new products. What I think is needed is a magazine dedicated to IT without big budgets; not all of us work for companies that can throw $200k at a SAN. I guess that's what the Linux magazines are for, but they're usually very anti Micro$oft and damn it, I just can't drop Windoze yet...