« Home | The pleasure of finding things out » | Jon Stewart on Net Neutrality I was confused by th... » | Will SanFran drop AT&T? » | Anna is a bot » | New Canadian tool can re-grow teeth » | Shortsighted marketing? » | USB Teddy Bear stores files and releases frustrati... » | Record labels are more more evil than I thought. » | Converting Windows apps to Mac OS X or Linux binar... » | 3117 bastards »

Bill and education

There's an article over at Fast Company about Bill Gate's ideas for changing high school. Now that I have a kid (who won't be in school for awhile), I often find myself thinking about how I could make sure she gets more out of school than I did.

I want to be able to teach her the really important stuff myself so some schmuck doesn't mess it up, but realistically I'll be working too much to spend enough time with her to handle the teaching all by myself. Watch this video for the parts about how Dr. Feynman's father taught him about the world.